Do you Need to Detox? Take the Quiz
A detoxification strategy should include the reduction of environmental toxins and heavy metal exposure, the identification and removal of infections, limiting endogenous toxicity by improving digestive function, enhancing blood and lymphatic circulation, facilitating phase I and II detoxification pathways in the liver, and addressing the toxic effects of stress.
On the fence about whether or not you need to go through a detoxification process?
Answer yes or no to the following questions:
- Do you have regular headaches?
- Do you have allergies, environmental, or food sensitivities?
- Do you get fatigued for no apparent reason?
- Do you have an issue with memory or focus?
- Are you having a bowel movement at least every other day?
- Are you bothered by perfumes, strong sense, or chemical odors?
- Are you sensitive to household cleaning products?
- Is your skin sensitive to perfumes, soaps and detergents?
- When you drink caffeine, does your heart race or do you feel anxious?
- Do you have an inability a small amount of alcohol without feeling the effects strongly?
- Are you hypersensitive to medications where you don’t tolerate most or only can tolerate them in the smallest dose?
- Do you have more than 2 more mercury fillings?
- Do you drink fluoridated water or use fluoride containing toothpaste?
- When you went through puberty, did you start your period before age 10?
- Do you have PMS, heavy, painful, or irregular periods?
- Do you regularly get breast tenderness or cyclical breast lumps with your cycle?
- Do you regularly drink from plastic water bottles or heat your food up from plastic containers?
- Do you have chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia?
- Do you not sweat easily?
- Do you take Tylenol or other forms of acetaminophen regularly?
- Do you wear makeup everyday? And if so, is all your makeup organic and made with safer ingredients?
- Do you wear perfume or shampoos/body wash/lotions that are heavily fragranced?
- Do you use conventional and’or scented household cleaning products?
- Do you use a scented detergent and fabric softener?
- Do you live in a newly built house that is very airtight?
- Do you eat inorganic meat and dairy more than once per week?
- Do you eat inorganic produce most of the time?
- Do you eat seafood regularly without making sure they are low-mercury sources?
If you answered yes to 1-3 questions above, you don’t have a lot of symptoms that are obvious to body burden and most likely don’t need to do a detoxification plan.
If you answered yes to between 4-10, you are probably dealing with a fair amount of body burden and will likely benefit from doing a targeted detoxification program like the one we will walk through next.
If you answered yes to more than 10+, then you are definitely dealing with a lot of body burden and will likely benefit greatly by doing one or more detoxification plans like the one we are about to embark on.
12 Week Detoxification Plan
This 12 week detoxification plan is one that will help identify and remove the environmental toxins of our modern lifestyles PLUS ramping up our innate detoxification and elimination processes. Each week builds on the previous week for 5 weeks, by which point, will continue everything we’ve accumulated until the 12 week mark.
**This plan is not meant for pregnant or nursing women; discuss supplement use with your primary care provider if you’re on medications or have medical conditions. Always work with a health practitioner before embarking on a nutritional detoxificiation program**